Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Auerbach Castle

For those of you who haven't heard yet, there's this boy that I have a crush on. Riveting, I know. Something really cool about it, though, is that his last name is German. Not only that, there's a castle here with the same name.
And it's actually my favorite castle that I've been to so far. No, that's not because I like this boy. We could actually explore the castle. I'm really used to the castles or temples that I go to being all blocked off. Basically, you can stand in the court yard and that's it. Not at Auerbach Castle...we got to climb up into the watchtowers and look out over the valley. There was exploring we could do and almost no gate was locked and shut. I felt like I was ten years old and playing "Saving the Damsel." Well, almost. Mostly, exploring was just really great. We saw these gliders (planes that catch the updrafts to stay in the air) and had fun waving to them. Lots of pictures were taken and silliness happened.
We spent the rest of the day looking around other little towns, places that my mom used to visit when she was studying abroad here. It was pretty cool, actually.
Besides all of that, I finally have another story idea happening in my head. :D (That smiley cannot be big enough!!!!) Finally, finally, finally, yessssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment