Friday, December 21, 2012

It's End of the World

December 21, 2012. I've been told that the world is supposed to end today. While I completely doubt the truth of that, I will be very sad if there's no world to wake up to tomorrow. (Though, if the world ends, I supposed there won't be a 'me' to be sad about it.)
I also came to the determination that the world couldn't end on one single day. With the way that time zones work, the world isn't ever on the same day at the same time. (At least that's my understanding of the way it all works.) So! If the world was supposed to end on "December 21", I'm forced to ask "December 21 where?"

Anyway, last night at dinner made me really sad. We got to talking about reasons to not travel to certain countries. Apparently, Delhi is the rape capital of the world. That's the only hard bit of conversation I remember because I spent most of it in a sad spiral of realizing that the world (and the people in it) do seem to be predisposed to be terrible. Suddenly, I'm not so shocked at why some people are surprised when they find out that they consider me a "good person".
Wow, jet lag makes me all babble-y. Not that what I'm trying to say isn't something I believe, just that I'm doing a very poor job of saying it.

No comments:

Post a Comment