Thursday, December 6, 2012

Blues

So I realized today as I was laying in bed and delaying my studying that, come the 15th of December, I won't be able to dance blues for like 3 weeks. Hopefully I'll be able to swing dance (since my brother is coming to Germany too) but he doesn't blues.
Yet.
Maybe I could teach him.
But he's been taught different dance styles before, and always dances them with a little swing flavor. Mostly the reason I'm scared to teach him is that my blues form is still pretty poor. Trust me, all of my leads like to tell me ways I can improve. "Tension, tension, tension." Do you know how hard it is to keep tension when leads don't try to take my weight?! Dear leads, if you want your follow to lean into you, try to take some of her weight. It shows her you can be trusted! Sincerely, a forming blues dancer.

No comments:

Post a Comment