Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Dead Week

Wow, finals are almost here. I really should be studying right now but I haven't been able to talk myself into it yet. There's a reason for that, I promise. My exams aren't about everything we've learned over the quarter; they're just another test. So I only feel the need to study as much as I would for any other test this quarter. Really what I need to do is get enough sleep so I have the proper motivation and energy level to study... Note to self: don't stay up until 2 again this week.
The funny thing about "needing to study" is that it makes everything else so much more appealing. I'm writing letters, maybe going to start reading a book today...Actually, I just need to work reading into my life because I really go enjoy it. For some reason, sitting on Facebook always seems like a better idea in the moment.

Dinner, real homemade dinner.
One really good thing that's come of dead week so far is pasta. Yup, I made pasta for a bunch of people in my stack last night. And it was absolutely great. We have delusions that we're going to cook real food every night this week and, while that'd be great, I doubt it'll happen. There's too many small things that go into actually cooking. I mean, pasta is simple and I'd be happy to eat that every night this week but I doubt all my new friends would share that opinion.
I really missed cooking. Now I have a deal with my parents that I'll be in charge of dinner for about a week when I go back to Germany. Their school will still be in session when I arrive so I thought it'd be nice to cook for that week.
I'm really excited about the next few weeks. This is dead week and lots of fun things are happening: swing, blues, shopping, maybe a party. Then next week is finals, which isn't exactly optimal but I'll be done on Wednesday and am maybe going to see "The Hobbit" on that Thursday. Maybe. I head down to Seattle on the Friday to hang out with my sister/help her pack before flying to Germany the next day. Then I get to spend two weeks in Germany and celebrate Christmas with my family. This is the first year in a while that I've felt "Christmas-y" so I'm really excited about it. After that, I get to spend five days in Virginia, hanging out with some friends that I haven't seen in years.
The next month should be great!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment