Thursday, March 7, 2013

$10 Buy-In

Last night was just interesting.
"Interesting" is actually the most annoying word ever. It's used too much to convey that much actual meaning. But it's also the only word that can describe so many situations so aptly. I hate it, I love it. It sounds like my relationship with cake.
The point is...have you ever known that someone has been through something because you know the look from staring in the mirror? If yes, do you tend to stay away from those people? Or do you gravitate toward them? Personally, I gravitate; given the experience we've all had, that may not be the best thing. But it's not something we can talk to outsiders about as easily; no offense, but people who haven't been there...mostly, I just don't want to force them to think about it. Usually, if a person has shared this experience, the questions are "why?" and "how?" If a person doesn't have the experience, it's "what were you thinking?" Granted, that's an understandable response as well; I just take a lot of comfort in finding the kindred spirits.
And I found one last night. Actually, we met last week when they came with another one of the blues dancers. But we talked last night. It was really nice to talk about it. Sometimes, I feel like I'm the only one who wants to acknowledge it or is comfortable talking about it so it actually relieved a bit of stress--talking about it.
Sadly, the two of us getting to know each other probably displeases at least one person at blues. And I might be dealing with that displeasure tonight--ten dollar buy-in to the fight. Or to "Battle of the Bands." Or maybe both.

No comments:

Post a Comment