Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Baring My Soul, Trying to Figure This Out

Here's what I believe about myself...I'm an 18 year old girl who is working hard to figure out life. I make no claims to perfection; I have made mistakes and I have scars. But the choices I have made have been an attempt to be happy. Maybe some people would call that a self motivation but I dream of being happy so of course I make the decisions to put me on the path that I think has the greatest chance of producing the most happiness. I understand that every single road that I walk will have pricker bushes to push through, mountains to climb, and rivers to cross. I know that if I close my eyes, I'll fall into a hole or stray off the path. But I also know that keeping my eyes open will not only save me from dangers but also show me the beauty that each path has to provide. I know that I have to survive through the pain in order to fully appreciate the happiness.
I believe that I care and am loyal. I know that I have to work on being honest and up front as I try to fully comprehend that I truly cannot please everyone (and that that's okay). I have a feeling that I will so something noteworthy with my life-whether that's Nobel Prize noteworthy or just being accepted as part of a wonderful family noteworthy. I think that there's a part of me that I can't see in the mirror but that people see when they look at me--it's something that inexplicably draws those that see it to me and I always want to be friends with those people.
To you, thanks for talking to me that one night. By most standards, we still don't know each other very well but I would really like to change that. I still think about that conversation and how you were so right. And I'm really impressed that are you who you are.
To you, I'm sorry for saying too much. I didn't have things figured out (actually, I still don't have things totally sorted) and I think everything might've worked out better if I'd learned to keep my mouth shut at the right times.
To you, I'm sorry for not saying enough; I'm still learning about speaking up at the right times. And I'm just sorry. I hope life is nice to you in the future.
To you, thank you for being my friend. Your cookies are wonderful Band-aids for the soul. Thanks for letting me talk to you and helping me to believe that I'm doing okay.
To you, I don't even know if words can say what I'd like to. You are one of my oldest friends and one of the most important people in my life. Please, don't ever leave.
To you, you're probably my loudest voice of reason. You always sound right, even if I don't always listen to you. Thanks for loving me as I bumble through and make all of these mistakes.
To you, Po. And all the other ones.
To you, I'm really glad to have met you. I hope we both have more time to hang out in the near future because you're wonderful.
To you, oh how I miss the times of childish delight we would have, creating houses and playing video games. We don't talk as much as I'd like but I promise to work on changing that as soon as I get my computer back.
To you, thanks for letting me be at your house all the time. It's a nice escape and I always have a good time. You're wonderful to talk to and have a nice habit of putting my head straight.
To you, I miss you. You're really far away right now and I'd love to go shopping with you. First thing when you're closer, kay?
To you, I hope you're happy. I know that things are stressful right now, and I know I don't know everything. But I do hope it all works out. Vroom, vroom.
To you, I owe everything to you. And I hope you'll continue to accept me, no matter what choices I make.

No comments:

Post a Comment