Sunday, March 17, 2013

The Future In My Arms

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.
-Eleanor Roosevelt
If you were to go up to any college student and ask them how they plan to spend their life,would you be surprised if a career wasn't among their list of things to do?
Now, I'm not saying that I don't want to be able to sustain myself financially. And, yes, I understand that there are careers that won't land me in a cubicle.
But the things I want to do in life (write, travel, be happy) don't exactly involve a 'career'--at least not in the most general sense of the term. I would consider writing a career but it's different. I don't feel like it would tie me down, really. Apparently, I view careers as confining.
The point is that I don't know what's gonna happen but I don't want to be stuck because of my job.

No comments:

Post a Comment