Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Collections

We all acquire collections throughout our lives, whether we mean to or not and whether we consider these collections prized or not.
Here's my collection that I actively add to: souvenir pennies.
All of them, my whole collection
I have a couple that are from various places in Europe as well as throughout the places I've been in the US.
My first one ever
I think that they're the perfect token from a trip because they don't cost much and I always get to "make" them. I think it's really cool.
My dad actually got me started in collecting these. My family took a road trip to Southern California with the intent of going to all the parks down there: Disney Land, Universal, Knottsberry Farm. Except that I got sick and had to stay in the hotel one day. Dad came back with the coin from Universal Studios and now whenever I see the little machines, I desperately wonder if I have 2 quarters and a shiny penny.

My most recent

1 comment:

  1. How cute is that!! I enjoyed reading this post about your collection of machine made pennies from visits to your favorite sites. I had one of those once, it was a star...sortof like Sheriff John use to wear...I had that in a box for years and years...it got lost....I miss it and think of it often. Funny about those little things, but that is how I am!! Great post. www.sandysanderellasmusings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete