Friday, April 12, 2013

Kris

 I'll start this post with a promise of cheesiness because this is probably gonna be pretty darn cheesy. (Also, this post may be a little longer than most so fair warning.)
Now that we've got that out of the way, I wanted to tell you all about this amazing guy named Kris. He's pretty great and I am lucky enough to get to call him my boyfriend. Honestly, he's such a dork but, the secret is, I really like him for that. 
We met, oh, 5 or 6 years ago in Italy. (For those of you who don't know, I used to live on a Navy base and--for a time--his family was stationed there.) I wouldn't go so far as to say it was "love at first sight" but I never forgot him. Wanna know why? Because my earliest recollection of him is when I walked into my dad's classroom to find Kris asking my dad for a candy bar. 
Long story real short, we became good friends, dated, broke up, he moved, and we didn't talk until about my junior year of high school. And it felt really nice to be talking to him again, reconnecting with old friends just feels good to me. And, plus, it was fun to hear about all of his adventures at college (something I was very nervous about once I hit senior year).
Then I moved to the states for college, got a phone, and the conversation never seemed to stop. Pretty soon, he was one of my best friends again. 
Now to the next part of the story and I promise I'll try to keep this short. He's in the Navy Corp as his school and most branches (and even quasi-branches) of the military like to have lots of "functions" some of which are things like Navy Ball. He told me about one that was coming up and I lamented that I didn't have any functions to go to where I could get dressed up all fancy. So he invited me. Lo and behold, tickets to his side of the country are pretty expensive--especially for me, on a college budget.
"But, wait, aren't you going home to visit your parents? Why not just stop here one way?" That was his wonderful solution and, thanks to some higher power, it worked out. So, yay, I got to spend almost a week with him and Tay (because I will never, ever forget her). And that week will be one of the most memorable weeks for all of my freshman college experience.  
So, Kris, I guess what I really am trying to say is "Thank you." First off, for bringing this challenge to my attention because it's really fun. But, mostly, for just being you, being around and helping me through things. I know things are hectic at school right now but things'll calm down and you'll have time for your naps :P Besides that, it is almost summer. And summer is gonna be great. 
Hopefully, it'll involve something like this

2 comments:

  1. Such a sweet post. Love the pictures! New follower here. I'm stopping by from the "A to Z" challenge and I look forward to visiting again.

    Sylvia
    http://www.writinginwonderland.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was adorable! I love that you two have known each other forever, I love stories like that!

    ReplyDelete