Wednesday, April 17, 2013

"O is for the Only One I See"

Yes, I am indeed quoting Nat King Cole for today's post. There are two reasons for that...

  1. "L.O.V.E." by Nat King Cole is one of my favorite love songs ever. It's so sweet and so personal; it never ceases to make me smile--and it constantly gets stuck in my head.
  2. I know this song due to the movie "Parent Trap" ( the Lindsay Lohan version) which is a movie that I watched constantly during my childhood. And that is to say that, today, 'O' is for 'childhood.'
I'm gonna bet that my childhood was markedly different from most other people's experience. But, at this point in college, I'm starting to realize why people long for their childhood. Being an adult is stressful and there are always a billion things to do. Being a kid is, usually, a lot more carefree. And I am starting to miss that as I have to sacrifice either ____ and ____ to do well in ____ (fill in one of these for each blank: sleep, social life, academics). But I do think that being an adult will be more rewarding overall.

And, so I don't feel like I'm cheating, here's a bunch of pictures of things that start with the letter 'O'.

An ostrich

Orion's Belt

An Oreo

Ollivander's Wand Shop

2 comments:

  1. I much prefer being an adult, but you're right, there are so many things to do and worry about! You have so much more freedom though!

    Drooping by from the A to Z!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed your post; the picture of the Oreo was my favorite, I think, although the wand shop was intriguing...! Visiting from A-Z; happy blogging!
    Elaine, www.spontaneoussputterings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete