Friday, April 19, 2013

Questions

Have you ever thought about how fundamentally important questions are? Think about it...whenever you're getting to know someone; whenever you don't know what is happening; whenever you'd like to discussion a theory with a friend, questions are absolutely crucial.
And they are so much fun. Asking questions and being asked questions opens up a new realm of possibility every single time. Not that everyone is always going to agree on the answers or even like the questions but sometimes disagreeing is part of the fun. Disagreement teaches you as much about a person/situation as agreement does.
When I meet new people, I think it's super fun to just keep asking questions--and not even anything specific. Things like "What do you think about flowers?" works just as well as "What is your favorite childhood memory?" Questions (and getting to know people) are so much fun. Some of my favorite people (fair warning, I do actually have a lot of favorite people) but some of my favorite favorite people are the ones who will text/call/talk to me and start with "I was thinking about this thing, what're your thoughts on thus obscure topic?" Granted, maybe I just make friends with interesting people and therefore they're not wondering about the ins and outs of financial planning because that's not something I see myself having a fun time discussing...

3 comments:

  1. There are no stupid questions. Someone smarter than me said. I love the way the internet has also opened up our curiosity and new people to ask questions of.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love random questions. Sometimes the strangest ones are the best to get you thinking.
    Nice post! :-)
    Short Story Ideas & Just Ermie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you ever taken the mail out of the mailbox and had a snail fall out?

    ReplyDelete