Thursday, April 4, 2013

Dancing

I think it's only appropriate that today is dancing because I'm me and dancing is practically my life. For those of you who don't know, I go blues dancing two nights a week. And last night was the first night of dance after Spring Break so it was really good to see/dance with everyone. I've missed all of them. The blues community is really pretty tight and, as soon as new people come, they're welcomed in as one of the friends. (Side note: if you have a large personal space bubble, blues probably isn't the community to be a part of.) Like, we convinced a new lead to come dance last night and he ended up staying for the cuddle puddle that invariably happens after we're all too tired to dance anymore.
Dancing is almost beyond words for me. People ask me why I do it and I guess the best answer is that it's just part of me; I may not be the best at it (something I'm working to improve) but I love to move and blues dancing is so expressive. The high I get after a night full of good dances is almost indescribable; I can't stop smiling and clapping and being silly. Dancing is a way for me to connect with people. Dancing is a way for me to express myself. Dancing is a way for me to have fun. Dancing is a way for me to get to know people. Dancing just a part of my life now; I don't think I'll ever be able to live without it. It's as simple as that.
"Dancing is the hidden language of the soul" --Martha Graham

3 comments:

  1. Hi! Just popping in from the A-Z Challenge. Dancing, is something I love and although I'm not particularly good at it, I will always find myself doing it too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. O what a lovely description of dancing! I can feel your enjoyment! Thank you for sharing this with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your line under the blog title!

    ReplyDelete