Saturday, February 23, 2013

Day 19...Do Not, End of Story

Disrespecting your parents

This is one of those things that I'm really not into. Sure, I'm all for being your own independent person because that's actually a really good idea. But I do think that there's a way to do that without being a jerk to your parents.
Parents have it hard--18 years of trying to raise however many kids to be constructive members of society all while being constructive members of society themselves. I think disrespecting them just makes that all the harder.
So, no, don't disrespect your parents. It's not cool--despite what all those stories about all the cool kids tell you.

1 comment:

  1. Totally agree about not disrespecting your parents. My now 23 y/o son had "rough" teen years, did a lot of things I definitely did not approve of, but one thing he never did was disrespect us. I have to say if he had disrespected us, I would have been less likely to help him when things got tough because of stuff he did.

    betty

    ReplyDelete