Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Day 9. Ideally or Realistically?

How you hope your future will be like.

 I feel like today's topic is really similar to "Where Do You Hope You'll be in Ten Years?"
So I guess I hope that my future will be enjoyable. I know that hard times are going to exist but, overall, I want the future to be fun because what's life about if not to have fun?
My ideal version of life goes something like this: find a major that I'm passionate about and graduate with a degree in that. Then move to a cute coastal town, get a job at a quaint cafe and get to know all the (fingers crossed) interesting people that come through. I think doing that--living in a way that's reminiscent of the 1950's "we're all neighbors" mentality--would actually be really inspiring. You know, only sit down at a computer when you have an actual something to achieve and get out for a walk when you're bored kind of life style. I guess I'd want to live life slowly for a few years after college, just experience the experience. I also have a theory that living that way would give me lots of writing ideas as well as a lot of time to write so, maybe, I'd finish a story and get published as well. The optimal time for me to get married would be after this adventure on the coast. I do think that being married will be a wonderful experience; not that I'm rushing to get a ring on my finger--er, I guess, that finger--but I do look forward to having someone who wants to be around me all the time and thinks that I'm worth sharing a life with.
Realistically, I don't see the whole cafe-on-the-coast deal happening. I'll need to find a job that pays above minimum wage so I can get by, and I'll probably find one of those in a city somewhere. Other than that, my story stays the same. So find a great major, graduate, live on my own for a while then get married.
I want my future to be full of friends, and adventure, and love, and dancing. All in all, I'm just looking to have a good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment