Saturday, June 14, 2014

Day 11...Where You Sleep

Whoops! I'd say that I forgot to do this yesterday but it has more to do with the fact that I got up before 8 and didn't stop going until around 7. And didn't have internet after that. :/

It looks more like my odd belongings and some "Dr. Who"
than my old bed but, ta-da, bed.

Where I sleep? This is another sort of odd one to be doing this week because I just moved out of the dorms so the place that I've been sleeping for a long time is no longer "mine" in any way. Dorm beds aren't super exciting when you think about it. Lots of other people have slept on them and more people after you will sleep on them. I guess it never really was mine in any capacity--no more so than a hotel bed is yours ever.
I'm so looking forward to the bed that I will be sleeping in come August. I'm moving into my first non-parents-related apartment and my brother is giving my his bed. (He's going on this huge adventure and doesn't need furniture to tie him down). It ranks very high on my "most comfortable surface ever" list so that'll be very nice for me. It's also a queen and I plan to spread out as much as possible when settling down to sleeping.
Until August, I'll effectively be bed surfing. Last night, I was at my sister's. Tonight, I'll be at my Grandma's. In a few weeks, I'll be in a hotel then back to Grandma's. A few weeks after that, I'll be at an old friend's house. Perhaps a camping trip then a beach house. You get the point: I'll be sleeping in lots of places. Maybe that's why I don't often have trouble sleeping in new places. I do it much too often. Since I was 11, I've been traveling a lot so being able to get quality amounts of sleep regardless of the arrangements has been a necessity.
I sleep lots of places. I might even catch a nap on the train that I'm riding right now. Who knows?

No comments:

Post a Comment