Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Day 23...Something Old

The idea that a girl can't stay the night at a boy's house, or vice versa.
Basically, the story goes that moving into my first apartment is turning into more of a process than I originally thought it would and I need to stay at a friend's place the night before move in. Maybe it has something to do with where I'm going to college but crashing at a male friend's place is not novel or foreign. It was a surprise to me that my grandma was surprised when I said that a male friend's place was the easiest/best option for me.
I respect that there are people who draw a solid distinctions about who can stay at whose houses but I like that I am in a group of people that accepts me crashing on a friend's couch at face value and doesn't read anything into whether I'm crashing at a boy's place or a girl's place.

No comments:

Post a Comment