Monday, June 23, 2014

Day 21...Reflection

What do I see when I look in the mirror? Honestly, depends on the mirror. The constants are big curly hair, blushing birthmark, calm eyes, strong shoulders, and awesome legs. Reflections often make me wonder why we care so much about our appearance. Who taught us that it was so important? Why do we drag ourselves down for not being perfect in appearance? I'm betting that if people were "perfect" in their personality, we might find them boring. At least I would. Quirks are my favorite thing about a person. This is easiest with people I've known for a long time but I love my friends for certain quirks that they have. The characteristics that make them inherently who they are.
All right, so many people's quirks are an obvious thing to love them for.
And I'm getting off track. Lots of things are a reflection of people. The reflection in the mirror. Their words versus their actions; whether or not someone comes through on their word shows a crystal clear reflection of their character. The things that people own is a reflection of what they like.
Ooh, that sounds like fun. If you look at the things I brought with my on this vacation, you'd probably think that I care a lot about shoes. Um...I don't know how I feel about that. But if you looked at all of my belongings, you'd see that I like to create and read. All right, and that I like clothes. You caught me. It was actually a funny discussion a few times in my apartment this past year. Two of us are big readers and like to craft; we both have a lot of items that suggest these traits. Another of us is big into clothes and shoes, which was quite obvious when you walked into her space of the apartment. The fourth of us was the spartan one of the bunch. I think she had a grand total of five pictures on her wall as decorations. The only things on her desk were her computer and printer. It is astonishing to me that you can tell so much about a person by what they put on display in their living space. It tells you so much about the person that they would like people to think they are; it's happy to me when the person people would like people to think they are coincides with the person that they are. Whoo, that's weird phrasing. Let's try again: I like when people are who they are. Eh, that's only a little better. Whatever.
Reflections are interesting. A mirror shows the perfect physical opposite. Actions are a representation of character. Belongings show personality and importance.
It seems to me like everything is a reflection.
Cause kitties are happy to look at

No comments:

Post a Comment