Saturday, June 28, 2014

Day 25...Something You Made

Wall Decorations from Last Summer
It's been almost a year since I made this "CD curtain" but it is still one of my favorite creations. It was really ridiculously easy to make. I took a bunch of old CDs, painted one side with different colors acrylic paint, strung them together with clear nylon thread, and hung them on a curtain rod via shower curtain hooks. Hardest part was probably actually tying knots in the thread. It's nearly invisible. The bottom two CDs on the far left are too close together because of knots I couldn't tie. The only part I didn't do was mounting the curtain rod (shout out to Dad and his drill skills).
You can't see the rest of my room but anyone who has ever been to this version of my room konws that it's eclectic and all colorful. None of the furniture matches. My nightstand is purple; I have one bookcase that's deep red and another that's sky blue; my desk, dresser, wardrobe and headboard are four different styles of wood; my comforter is almost magenta; my computer chair is orangey-red. Nothing actually goes together. So the cool thing about this curtain was that it sort of brought everything together. Okay, the wood things are still all their own thing but all of my colors seem like they match now because of all the colors on the CDs.
The only problem is that I put it in the room that I vacation in instead of the one I live in for most of the year. Now my parents get to enjoy it whenever they walk by my room. Ah well, pretty decoration for a future guest room I suppose. 

No comments:

Post a Comment