Monday, June 30, 2014

Day 28...Light

I'm of the opinion that light is a very good thing. I like the idea that light is a characteristic. Like a picture has light spots and dark spots, but that has a lot more to do with lighting. No, I mean more so whether the picture is light in such that it lifts your spirit somehow. I am in love with anything that lightens the spirit because, in this day and age, it's very easy to get bogged down in everything that goes on in life. Currently, I'm organizing my move into my first apartment, wondering about jobs, trying to find out what the plan for the summer is, and being excited to be back in my town for a few days. The last of this list does a very good job of lightening my spirit because I'm working hard to see many people that I've been missing a lot over these past two weeks. Realistically I'll probably see four of them but that's four more people than I got to see yesterday so yay!
Back to light. Light is just interesting (and I'm beginning to understand why people say "interesting" doesn't really have value as a word anymore). There is something beautifully simplistic about light. It's just there. It comes with the sun and (mostly) leaves with the sun. It's there and then it's not. It's predictable and constant. Light itself seems to have a comforting characteristic. (We're excluding electric lights for the moment). One of my favorite things is to wear clear prisms on sunny days and just watch how the light flows into the prism and refracts back out into the world. I know I should know why that works but my 7th and 8th grade science knowledge is currently playing hard to get.
I'm almost always happier when there is light around. I feel nicer in the summer months and I am happier to be around people who possess a 'light' personality characteristic. Light (like color) is inspiring to me, both in its presence and its absence. (This is to say that going on walks at night is one of the best times to feel connected to the world around.)

No comments:

Post a Comment