Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Day 16...Morning

Morning and I aren't usually friends--college life and all of that. The mornings that I do manage to make nice with are generally lovely. Another symptom of college life is that being up before 10 on weekends generally means you're the only one up for a while. I like that quiet time. I tend to do quieter things (i.e. read) when I'm the only one awake in a four person apartment. None of us were what you'd call "morning people" so anyone encountering noise first thing after we wake up is unpleasant. Thus I like to keep the noise quiet for those I live with.
Or lived with. Wow, time marches on. The family I'm with for the summer do tend to be early risers so the noise thing won't be a consideration. But it does mean that I'll be getting up earlier; don't know how I feel about that one.
However, this morning was great. My cousins and a friend were driving up from California to be home in Washington for the summer. They got in last night and we had some fun times. Breakfast at my grandparent's house is quite extravagant when there's a guest. Waffles, eggs, bacon, berries. It was delicious. And it was nice to have my cousins about. I don't get to see them very often. Plus their friend was on par with their coolness so it was nice to make a new friend as well. This morning was a good morning. I hope they continue to be so since I am a little bit planning to try this "wake up earlier" concept.



Sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment