Saturday, June 7, 2014

Day 5...Something You Wore

I wore my favorite jeans today :) I guess that, truthfully, my favorite pair of jeans is always the ones that I happen to be wearing. I only have two pairs so it's kind of a toss up depending on whether I'm feeling skinny jeans or flared ones.
It's actually kind of hard to take a
good picture of a pair of pants.
My mom bought me these jeans for Christmas this past year. I like having a nice pair of jeans on hand and my previous pair had gone beyond repair. These ones are super comfy and I feel attractive in them. I put the hole in the knee over Spring Break when I was taking my brother's dog for a walk and he (the dog, not my brother) pulled on the leash harder than I expected. Since a hole automatically decreases the "nice-ness" of a pair of jeans, I decided to make them a craft project. I'm a huge fan of craft projects.
The flower is on my left thigh
 Eventually, I plan to have these jeans practically covered with embroidery but it's a slow going process for now. Partly because I have other things like school to be doing, and partly because I have to stick to simple-ish designs to sew. I'm not super awesome at the whole process yet. My next idea to put something on the back pockets. Ooh, or something on my calf. But it feels nice to have something to do with my hands that does qualify as semi-productive when I feel like crashing and binge watching some Netflix.
Some sun and moon action on my right side
Crocheting falls into that category as well but, for some reason, I sometimes find it hard for me to make crochet projects for myself just because. Whenever I crochet something, it feels like I should be giving it for a gift. I like to add things to these jeans as a "me project" because I'm just adding and improving.
I think my favorite piece so far is the sun. I used lots of different yellows in an attempt to make it look a little more dimensional, and it comes across pretty well if I do say so myself.   

No comments:

Post a Comment