Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Another Sign that I'm an Adult Now

Okay, maybe this one is silly but I've not had one of these before so I feel grown-up.
My Haggen Card
It's kind of exciting to have my own grocery store card. :) Maybe that's lame but oh well. I feel special; I'm getting discounts on things now. Is it weird that having one also makes me like part of the community? Almost like I know I'm going to stay here for a while so it's a good idea to save money by getting this card.
Today was a good day. I kicked butt on my studying this morning (thank goodness my Tuesday-Thursday class doesn't start until 1 pm) then took my first Art History exam. At this moment, I'm feeling pretty good about it. Then I got a hot chocolate and PB&J bagel from the bagel place on campus, which was so amazingly delightful. One of my group members shared part of their Pop-Tart with me in Theatre. Theatre was just good all around today, now that I think about it. For some reason, the computer wasn't working so it just turned into a big discussion rather than a lecture, which was actually really entertaining. I think I'm going to try to take another class with this professor later in my college experience; he's hilarious. Another thing that made Theatre so great was because I caught this guy looking at me a couple times; he's cute. I know, I know, I'm ridiculous. And I'm trying not to make anything of it but it's always a nice confidence booster.
After Theatre came my run--I'm trying to make running a more regular activity but it's getting cold!--and my weekly excursion down to S. Village for apples and bananas. I'm kind of obsessed with having fruit available to eat at any moment I want it.
I worked the closing shift, as I do on Tuesdays, and am almost finished the with the sign I'm making for the desk. It's Harry Potter themed :)
I don't know why I feel so nice about today. But it feels good to feel nice about a day. I guess I'm finally settling in to college life and am feeling pretty good about it.
Tomorrow should, hopefully, measure up to today. I'm supposed to go Halloween shopping with my suite-mates. Fingers crossed that it actually happens. And there's Swing Kids to go to. Today is actually my friend's birthday and he's a lead so I'm excited to 'encourage' him into the Birthday Dance tomorrow. I'm also just plain excited to dance with him tomorrow; he's a really good lead. My favorite leads so far are Ben, Forest, Nathan and Michael. They're all fun to joke with and they're all really good leads. Forest and Nathan are really good dancers, as well. Ben and Michael are good but not quite as good as the other two. Yes, by the way, there is a difference between a good lead and a good dancer.
Anyway, I should probably do some more review. I have two more tests this week and one on Monday. Can I get a "Boo!" for midterms?

No comments:

Post a Comment