Monday, October 1, 2012

Work

This post is bound to be short, partly because it's specific and partly because I don't have long to write it.

Anyways! Yesterday, I came down to the front desk (my place of work, for any of you just now starting to follow my life) to ask DAE about a time sheet complication that I still haven't totally figured out. Although that presents a slight problem for me, it is not the point.
The point is that DAE and RA8 were hanging around at the desk, playing with the schedule. They were playing because RAs are not supposed to have mail shifts yet, somehow, RA8 got one; DAE and RA8 were really concerned about this. (There are a few legal reasons why RAs should not have mail shifts; DAs are the ones trained for such shifts.) When I showed up, they asked if I'd found anyone to switch shifts with me. I told them that I still needed to talk to DAK about the possibility since everyone else had obligations the night I wanted to switch.
Thus began the craziness. The three of us must have spent an hour toying with the schedule and calling the various RAs and DAs that might be effected by the changes. An hour of saying, "Is it possible that this would work?" "No, well, what about this?" It was insane. And really funny. At one point, RA8's phone went off and the three of us jumped because we'd been so focused on our task of moving people around in the schedule.
The result of all that is that everyone who changed their schedules now has a more desirable work schedule for their life.

It also means that I get to go to "Swing Kids" on Wednesday!

:D



No comments:

Post a Comment