Thursday, September 27, 2012

Don't Text and Walk

I cannot believe I forgot to put this in my other post.
Here's a good (ish) story...
I finally have a stateside phone number and, consequently, have been texting my friends in Virginia quite a bit. (Hello to those friends, if you are reading.) After my Theatre class, I was headed back to my dorm and got a message from one of said friends. As I was in the process of reading and replying, my feet found and then lost a set of stairs.
Which is really just my way of saying that I fell.
Which isn't a surprise to anyone, I know.
But the good part about this story is that these two boys were walking behind me. Okay, so maybe it's a little embarrassing to fall in front of people. BUT! But, they were super nice about it. They asked me if I was okay, we joked about walking and texting then moved on to talking about the Theatre class. Apparently we're in the same one but, like I implied in my other post, it's in a huge lecture hall so it was my first time seeing them. We chatted and walked all the way to South campus together. Another girl from our class heard us talking then joined our little posse. She was way nice.
I know, I sound ridiculous. "Ooooh, I talked to boys."
Admittedly, I'm pleased that they were boys.
But I would've been happy if it had been two girls. The part of the story that really makes me happy is the social interaction. I've been missing face-to-face social interaction.

No comments:

Post a Comment