Friday, September 21, 2012

Move-In Day

Here's what I learned about life on "move-in day": do not leave shopping for the morning of. Just don't. Stay up late the night before, if you have to, but get it taken care of before that morning.
Basically the story goes that we got a late start out of my brother's place, and had to buy things like hangers, a comforter, shampoo, a journal, and shoes. So, while we had planned to get to campus at like 11 and have two hours to buy my books and do my HR paperwork before dorm check-in at 1, we ended up not getting to campus until 2:30 and having to dash just to get all of my stuff up to my room before I had to leave to do my HR stuff. Needless to say, I was completely stressing out all day long. But then I got to training (yes, a few minutes late), and it all worked out. There was this kid with a Game Boy cell phone case; it made me extra happy. I met my suite mate, found my friends for dinner and made some new ones while making posters for real move-in day. "Legen...wait for it...dary!" Yes, that quote made me insta-friends with someone.
After poster time, my hands were covered in paint, which isn't really that exciting; but I am happy to report that none of it got on my clothes. Then I finally got to go unpack. Yay! It took a few hours to unload two boxes, two suitcases, and several bags but now it's all in place. I almost feel like I don't need my mom and dad to send me more stuff.
...
Almost.


My Side of the Room
I forgot to take a "before" shot but here's the "after." I refused to take a picture until my room resembled "The Dorm Room From Heaven" so I was up until midnight unpacking. I love how organized and uncluttered it is, which I'm sure is bound to change as the year goes on but, hey, a girl can dream, right? I just have to figure out something to go on the cork board above my bed. I didn't really bring any decorations...

My Closet




Yes, I needed to include a shot of my wardrobe. I'm really excited about all of my shoes. I think I'm starting to use the word "excited" too much.
But it completely describes how I'm feeling. Seriously, it probably took my at least a half an hour to fall asleep last night because my mine would not shut down. It kept going over, "Okay, there's training tomorrow. You work Saturday and Sunday. Sometime during that, you have to get your lofting and/or captaining equipment. I really hope that my alarm goes off. No, Robyn, this isn't summer camp; you're really here. You have to go buy your textbooks before classes start. Check your mail tomorrow; maybe the SIM chip will be there."
Yeah, you get the point. My mind wouldn't shut up. So falling asleep was terribly difficult.
But I'm here. Safe and sound. Well, safe and mostly sound. I'm still going a little crazy.

1 comment:

  1. You should get some of those bed risers before all the students show up and claim them - putting it up high will give you lots more room.

    ReplyDelete