Monday, September 24, 2012

Maybe It'll All Be Okay

College, so far, has thrown me into an emotional ocean. And I'm not very good at surfing so I'm not appreciative. I feel like I already went through the "honeymoon phase" (if you will) and reality is starting to hit. Honestly, I thought it would take weeks for me to be missing home; I'm surprised at how much I'm already trying to grapple with "Oh, I can't just go home now." It is an unpleasant shock.
But today I've been getting the feeling that maybe it'll start to feel like home. Maybe once classes start and I have stuff to do, I'll feel better. Also, I know I'll be happier once Swing Kids starts. (Fingers crossed that I can get my work schedule changed so I can actually go to SK.) I feel it's likely that those will be two places that I'm really likely to make friends. Right now, I just feel like I know a lot of people enough to wave to them. I seriously can't wait until I have real friends.
Maybe it'll all be okay.
Maybe I can make it all okay.
I want it to be all okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment