Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Waltzing

If you want to learn some way to dance but you don't think you're very "dancing inclined" go look up how to waltz. It's a simple "one, two, three; one, two, three." Leads: left, right, together. Follows: right, left, together.
I'm on this little waltzing kick because there's this guy at Century named Za who is pretty good at swing dancing but doesn't dance like he is swing dancing. His form is too rigid for swing dancing. So my brother and I were having this discussion about what other dancing he must do to make his form be different. We postulated ballet, or waltz. If not waltz, some other form of rigid ballroom.
Mostly, this little post is me saying that I'm really excited for my wedding because now I know two forms of dance besides, "I'm going to wiggle to the beat." Yes, I'm excited for my wedding the reasons of I'll have found a man that I decide is worth spending the rest of my life with, and he'll be in love with me too. But now I'll be able to actually dance with my brothers (both have some swing dancing knowledge), and anyone else who knows either of those dance. That really excites me because, even though dancing with people to "wiggle to the beat" kinds of songs is super great, it gets kind of hard sometimes. But dancing in an actual form is pretty easy when two people know how to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment