Thursday, September 6, 2012

Remember When?

"Pick me! Pick me! I have a story that's really irrelevant to tell!"
I crashed my dad's seventh grade class today, between shopping and volleyball practice. Being twelve is not something that I miss at all. The carelessness of that age, maybe, but not being that age. I like being a mature, almost-adult type thing.
But it was really funny to be in that class, and to remember how much harder middle school teachers have to work than high school ones (in general). In high school, there are a few kids that misbehave. In middle school, all of the them want to talk all the time. I know it's something along the lines of they just want to be heard but trying to listen to them all at once hurts my head. Kudos to middle school teachers everywhere!
What do I remember from seventh grade? I remember walking around the track at my school with my two Hispanic friends (a girl with a purple lunchbox, and the boy that she attacked with said purple lunchbox), constantly listening to "Welcome to My Life" by Simple Plan and "Kryptonite" by 3 Doors Down. It was the time of feeling misunderstood, and wondering why boys were such a huge problem already. We were still coloring our "science journals" and doing some of the most ridonkulous geography projects ever. All of the cool high school kids worked at the Commissary, and I couldn't wait to be 16 so I could work there too. Who knew that by the time I got to 16 I would be too wrapped up in school and sports to even think about a job?
What do you remember from middle school?

1 comment: