Tuesday, October 30, 2012

I am My Mother's Daughter

For those of you who don't know my mom, she has a few nicknames. "Madre." "Larry." "The Camera Ninja." The last was bestowed upon her by a family friend during one of our many European extravaganzas together. My mom likes to take lots of pictures; she always wants to document what we're doing. And she always has to take five versions of the same picture to make sure one of them turns out right.
I giggle at her a lot for that quirk.
Anyways, I'm trying to do a better job of documenting my life with pictures because, well, pictures are fun to look at. Here's what I've been entertained by over the past few days. Well, maybe "entertained" isn't the right word. But these are thing I want to remember.
Count Dracula guards my door. Be afraid.
 I got home from "Rocky Horror Picture Show" Saturday night (or Sunday morning, depending on which day you consider 2 am to fall) and found Dracula drawn onto my dry erase board. It's quite a wonderful rendition, which really means that I giggled for a while after I saw it. The artist is actually my suite mate, and she's had to redraw him once already because people think it's amusing to erase bits of him.
Courtesy of the UGCH




There's this place on campus called The Underground Coffee House and it's one of the the places to hang out. I've been hearing about it since school started but didn't know where it was. Today, I got out of my first class early and had an hour before my next one. That seemed like ample time to go find it. I had a delicious hot chocolate and finally (finally!) got some serious writing time in. It was amazing. I want to make going there a thing but I can't afford to buy something every time I want to go there. And it's culturally unacceptable to go and just sit in an establishment, right?

"Excuse me, sir, can you tell me where I might find Platform 9 3/4?"
Look at it!! Isn't it great? This has been my project at work for the past (maybe) two weeks. We're supposed to theme the desk and, since we all like "Harry Potter" it was a unanimous vote.
Or maybe only two of us care and the others are just happy it's being decorated. Either way, ta-da.
So this is Part 1 of my contribution, the "9 3/4" sign. Originally, I thought it was going to go above the desk but it's super big so, for now, it's going to go behind the desk. It might have to move somewhere else but I don't know yet.

There's a couple other things on campus that I really want to take pictures of so I'll probably be posting those every once in a while. Plus, tomorrow's Halloween. You never know what I might see...

Speaking of which, here's wishing everyone a Happy Halloween.

Boo. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment