Monday, October 29, 2012

"Rocky Horror" and other strange occurances

Okay, so the Costume Ball was a little bit of a let down. It was a little too 'high school' except that I didn't know everyone on the dance floor.
Saturday was much more wonderful than Friday. On Saturday, work was a little ridiculous but I got a lot done. When I say "ridiculous" I mean that a couple residents were asking for their mail as soon as I pulled up the gates of the desk. It was the first time I've ever been really grumpy at anyone whilst at work. This was my thought process, "I just opened. You can see the packages--the unsorted packages--sitting on the ground. What do you think? Do you think that the mail is done yet? If you do, you are unreasonably expectant and I don't appreciate it."
But these also came when I was at work.
My packages from the family :)
The flowers are from my Mom and Dad; the box is from my brother. The flowers are because this weekend was family weekend and they are, of course, far far away. The contents of the box were some things I forgot at my brother's house (a cardigan, my hairbrush, my laptop manual) and a couple presents (a scarf, a hat, a box of milk chocolate pretzel balls, and yogurt raisins). I wasn't aware that I like yogurt raisins. And I don't. I love them. They're amazingly delicious. And they go very nicely with the chocolate covered pretzels. (I'm betting that my brother planned that). I'm also refusing to think about how many calories I consumed over the weekend.
After work, I went to see "Pitch Perfect" with RA6. We're becoming quite good friends, he and I. Anyway, the movie was amazing. It was secretly sexist and mean but also quite hilarious. It was a bonus that it contained a bunch of guys who choose to dance and sing a capella in their spare time. I thought it was a great time. I do not, however, plan on going to the movies very often. I miss movies costing $3. Maybe I'll try to find a second run theatre in town somewhere--somewhere that I can bus to. That'd be nicer than the $10 or so it costs to go to the real theatre.
Then came my (possibly) favorite part of the weekend. Once we got back from the movie, I spent about an hour trying to get in touch with some friends that live on North campus since we were supposed to go to "Rocky Horror Picture Show" together. For this and that reason, I couldn't get reach them until I was all dressed up and walking across campus. I debated going for a little while--just because I didn't know if they were still planning on going--but ultimately decided that going to see RHPS would be a good college experience for me. My friend that I was supposed to meet called while I was walking across campus, saying that she was sick and therefore not going. Instant reaction from me was "Major sad face." But my friend was quick to add that a bunch of cool people from her floor were going so I could just tag along with them.
That I did.
And I would have to say that RHPS is probably my favorite experience since arriving at college. It was two hours of complete ridiculousness. I'm so so so happy that I went. I had a great time and made some new friends. One boy that I walked back to my dorm with gave me his jacket because he wasn't cold and I was freezing in my Rocky attire.
Sunday was comprised of homework and laundry for the most part. I did get all dressed up and go to the Haunted House in my dorm community with a few friends but that was all. Haunted Houses aren't really my thing but the girls didn't want to go trick-or-treating so majority wins.
Today was been pretty productive and wonderful so far. I got up early, did some homework, almost fell asleep in both of my classes today, went to work, watched a bunch of "Sherlock", submitted my first ever college project/paper thing, and have almost finished the "9 3/4" sign for the desk.
My slight annoyance right now is that my speakers, they like to make this weird little crackling noise that I thought was just from my headphones; I hear the sound the most whilst I'm wearing those headphones and they really need to be replaced. 
Now, considering that I have a test on Friday and a midterm paper due next week (I think) I should probably get started on the homework side of my evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment