Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Dear Residents,

Dear Residents of my Dorm Community,
I collect the mail. I sort the mail. I put the mail into the boxes for all of the residents in all twelve of the stacks in our community. I, then, mark and record every package for every resident in all twelve of the stacks in our community. If there are pieces of mail marked wrong, I look up the intended recipient in my database. Hopefully, it's a simple mistake. If not, that piece of mail goes back into the box to go back to the post office.
This is hopefully all done by 5 each evening.
But, here's a surprise for you! Even though you've never come up to me and said, "Hi, my name is BlahBlah," I have no idea what your name is. (Shocking, right?) So it's really just unhelpful to all of us when you come up to the desk and ask "Is there mail for me?"
I don't know your name and I don't remember the name on every piece of mail or package I logged. How am I supposed to know if you have mail? I'm part of the mail service, not your mail service.
So FYI...the mailboxes are in the game room. Your room key gets you into said mailbox. If you have a package, there'll be a slip. Bring that slip to me and I'll get you your package.
Thank you,
Have a nice day,
The Desk Staff

No comments:

Post a Comment