Friday, October 5, 2012

The Power of Words

Have you ever heard someone say something and immediately think, "Why in the world would you actually say that?"
Well, there's a guy like that in my Anthropology class.
He likes to talk and make points, some relevant and some not.
Today, he pointed out that our professor says "I don't know" pretty often, which is a valid statement. But it was the fact that this student felt comfortable enough to point it out seems insanely dangerous to me.
After he said it, though, I didn't hear the professor say "I don't know" once. Not once in the forty minutes of class he had left.
That's the power of words for you. A little vocal observation by one person can change another person's behavior in front of an entire auditorium of college kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment