Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Rain, Hot Chocolate, and Voting

It's looks prettier in real life.
Can you tell that it's raining?
 This is what campus looks like right now. It's full of colorful leaves and it's just great.
I've made a couple people smile and shake their head at me because of how enthused I am about the rain. I'M SO EXCITED ABOUT THE RAIN!!
I haven't seen weather like this in a long time. Sure, it rained in Italy. But it was hardly ever at this stage beyond sprinkling but still light enough to walk through. It was never like that in Italy. If it rained, it poured. I like this weather better.
Do you like-a my boots?
I finally got to wear my rain boots. Rain boots are basically a fashion statement on campus. It's kind of funny. I might need to get another pair...
But, anyways, it finally rained hard enough for me to need them yesterday. I had to go meet my director for our theatre project and it was raining really hard on the way there. Walking through it was actually wonderful. I find the rain peaceful and view it as something to be enjoyed.  Unless there's a hurricane going on. Then get inside and stay there.
I expected that it would be raining just as hard on my way back to my dorm so I stopped into one of the coffee shops on campus and got a hot chocolate for the walk home. That was wonderful as well. I'm betting that's going to turn into a habit when it gets really cold and really rainy.
Honestly, I love the rain. The sound of it. The smell of it. The cleansed feel I get after walking/running/dancing in it. It makes for a wonderful time. It's been raining off and on for the past three days and I've been smiling like a maniac. I think that's what my psych professor would call a correlation. It can't be a causation because there may be other variables contributing to my happiness.
Would you look at that? I'm learning things!

I'm an adult now. I can vote.

That's right, I get a say in who becomes President this term.
Now I just have to figure out who I want to be President this term...


Observations: Oct 15/16, 2012 
  1. I was sad when someone referred to "Herbie Fully Loaded" with Linsday Lohan as a Herbie movie
  2. I love that hot chocolate is served on campus
  3. The hip-hop crew that practices during my Tuesday work shift makes me happy
  4. Someone stopped me as I was walking toward the bus stop at S. Village and said, "I just saw a sticker that said, '667, the Neighbor of the Beast.'" He was incredibly amused by it and we proceeded to have an incredibly awkward conversation. Well, awkward from my point of view. He seemed perfectly content; he even called me a pretty girl before he left... Okay, maybe "creepy" is a better word than "awkward."
  5. I want to know what kids do when they don't go to class
  6. I talked to someone in my Art History class today. That's a step toward friendship...maybe
  7. There was Captain Crunch in the cereal bar at dinner...I hope it's still there at breakfast when I'm actually in the mood for cereal 
  8. I never noticed the dips in the pavements until it rains and they become huge puddles
  9. 20 pages of reading as homework doesn't seem as bad as it did in high school
Also, I want to thank a friend of mine. I was telling him today about my goal to do the Freshman Fifteen backwards and he asked me why I wanted to lose weight. I replied that it's better than the alternative. He asked, "Why not just stay the same?" I told him that I'd just prefer to be 140 than 160 (which is partially in hopes that any future boyfriends will carry me around; silly, I know). He gave me a little pep talk about how 160 isn't that heavy; how I should just date a ROTC boy (because they're all in shape...) and how he believes that I can achieve my goal of losing fifteen pounds this year. So, thank you, friend; not only was that conversation most amusing, it was a confidence booster. :)

1 comment: