Sunday, October 21, 2012

Jumpy

Observations, for multiple dates
  1. A girl in my Anthropology class was watching a soccer match on ESPN
  2. Humans vs. Zombies is an intense undergoing. Campus the past few days have been hilarious.
  3. Sorting 50 packages takes a lot out of me
So my observation lists are getting shorter, I know. But I've been a little too jumpy to document things.
Let's see...what's happened since Wednesday?
I watched American Beauty in my Theatre class. Oh my goodness, that movie is intense. Honestly, I really want to watch every movie from now on with my Theatre professor; the movies seem more meaningful. Everything looks different when I'm in that classroom, subscribing to the "31 flavors" doctrine our professor preaches. He also talks about how every single thing that you see in any given frame was discussed and thought about for several hours before it was put in the scene. It's amazing the amount of work that goes into movies.
I also came to the conclusion that crushing on someone before you're friends with them is a really bad idea. It's not bad for any particular reason, it just sucks when you see them around and you don't know them well enough to talk to them.
You know, sometimes I wish I wasn't such a hopeless romantic. I think that my life might feel simpler if I didn't romanticize every situation I found myself in. I wonder what my life would be like if I was a cynic instead.
But then I remember how much I actually enjoy life and how much I enjoy being that silly girl who dreams up tons of possible futures. "It could happen, it might happen. Who knows? If it doesn't, oh well. There's a thousand more ways that life could go."
Speaking of enjoying life, I'm having a really good time at college. And I'm learning a lot. Not just in classes (I have a test I need to study for...yikes) but from interacting with people. I'm learning a lot about who I want to be and, in some ways, what I want to do. It's a good feeling :)
I guess all that's left to tell you at the moment is that I need to do some serious shopping at the thrift stores in town. There's lots of Halloween stuff going on within the next week and a half so I need costume supplies. I also feel like I don't have enough dresses to support my swing dancing habit so I need to add to that collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment