Sunday, October 14, 2012

It's Fall All of a Sudden

Let me tell you guys about my new favorite spot to be: the lounge in my building. I first came down here because it's really hard for me to study in my room and it's just grown on me. Very rarely is anyone actually down here with me and the couches are super comfy. Even if someone is down here, they're usually studying too. Or watching a football game but that's just super entertaining so it's all okay. It's nice and quiet but it makes me feel better to be lazy down here rather than be lazy in my room. Plus, my roommate has company over now so I just feel insanely awkward in the room.
Anyway, I had a study group today for my Anthropology class. Since my class has at least 100 people in it, I was expecting a big group to show up. But, no, there were six of us. That's probably in part because college kids think 10 am is too early to be somewhere. (Seriously, I was in the main computer lab in my community before I went to the study group and no one else was up; it felt like I was the only person who believed in Sunday mornings.) While I was in the study group, I was really pleased with how much I felt I was contributing to the group; I knew things and could discuss the concepts. Talk about a confidence booster. I guess that's probably how I should feel about it but, hey, there's no shame in liking that feeling to be renewed.
Fun fact: Jousting is the official state sport of Maryland. I found that out last night while eating dinner with this boy named Rob. He wants to teach, and he's really into ancient Greece and Rome. I guess what I'm trying to say is that it was really easy to talk to him, which was nice. I like comfortable connections. Plus, he lives in my building so maybe we'll hang out sometime. Maybe.
I see what people mean when they say, "Sleep; grades; social life. Pick Two. Welcome to college." I mean, I'm being plenty social but I haven't made tons of friends. Granted, I'm not really a "tons of friends" kind of person anyways. I'm mostly having a good time meeting lots of random people. Like at meals; I can almost always find someone at a table by themselves. Between that and working at the desk and going to class, I feel like I'm actually getting lots of social interaction. And I think my anthropology project will help me get to know some more people. Ugh, I really don't want to do that project.
You know autumn? That picturesque scene where all the leaves are turning colors and falling to the ground and it's starting to rain just a little bit? Well, that's what campus is turning in to now. I cannot even tell you how happy that makes me. I haven't seen an autumn like this in about seven years. It's beautiful. The only downside is that it's harder to convince myself to go running outside when it's raining. Ah, well. I guess that's motivation to go to the gym.
That's kind of what campus looks like right now. I'll try and take a picture to put up soon but, right now, it's time for homework.
I've been doing lots of homework this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment